Virtual Waiting Room
In order to maintain social distancing and control traffic thru the building, we are asking patients who are coming to the offices to remain in their car until we are ready for their visit to start. Once you arrive at the office parking lot, please text your name only to one of the numbers below. A member of the staff will call you to begin the check-in process and/or text when you may enter the building. Please have an insurance card and identification readily available.
Farmington 860 470 4679
Hartford & New London 860 704 9160
Branford 860 704 9221
On behalf of The Center for Advanced Reproductive Services [CARS], we hope in the midst of these challenging times this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. As Connecticut is now experiencing a flattening in the number of new COVID-19 cases and a decrease in hospitalizations, we are writing to update you regarding the resumption of fertility treatments at CARS.
At each CARS office, policies & procedures have been implemented to optimize physical distancing and other mitigation strategies to minimize the risk of exposure for patients and staff. As of July 13, 2020:
- We are currently at 100% of normal volumes for IUI & IVF and continue to carefully track CT COVID -19 data, internal mitigation systems, and our inventory of PPE.
- Maintain strong social distancing standards for patients and staff.
- Have implemented strong personal protective equipment [PPE] and mitigation strategies to limit the risk of exposure for patients & staff.
- We are waiting for the governor to move us to level 3 to start allowing partners into the building.
- We are making daily/weekly changes to COVID – 19 policies based on the current tri-state travel bans.
- We are experiencing a major backlog of IVF treatment cycles and are doing our best to meet everyone’s scheduling needs.
Practicing medicine, especially fertility treatments, in a COVID – 19 world is going to look and feel very different than it did a month ago. There are a number of interventions we are implementing as part of our efforts to keep everyone safe.
- All patients visiting CARS must be scheduled at a specific time. This includes morning ultrasound and blood monitoring, and Quest blood draws throughout the day. No more walk-ins of any kind.
- All new patient visits, IVF consultations [1B], and established subsequent office visits continue to be telehealth via Microsoft TEAMS.
- MD clinic visits on site will be limited to ultrasounds, procedures, emergencies, and clinical follow-up appointments for telehealth patients.
- Every attempt will be made for onsite visits to be as efficient as possible. There will be limited on-site counseling and instructions. Discussions can occur immediately following your visit with a call from your car or we can call you later when you’ve arrived home. Our doctors and nurses will have access to Microsoft TEAMS for video conferencing.
- Semen analysis appointments will be scheduled and patients asked to produce at home. Specimen collection kits will be provided to patients in advance via a repository by front doors at each office.
- Please stay in contact with us, and call your nurse or financial services representative [FSR] when you intend to start a cycle. Your physician team will review your personal case and follow up with the next steps.
- All patients undergoing care once we go back up will be required to provide an active credit card on file so we can run co-pays, deductibles, etc so front desk and financial staff are protected from handling credit cards, money, checks, etc.
Staff and patients are asked about relevant exposure and health information upon entry into the offices daily and temperatures are being assessed. All staff and patients must wear a mask at all time when in our offices. If you have a mask at home [homemade cloth masks are fine] we ask that you use it or one will be provided.
COVID 19 Testing for IVF patients
This is a fluid situation due to the availability of tests and timely results. As of 5/19/20, we are requiring IVF patients have at least one COVID 19 negative test between Baseline and day of Retrieval. Our staff will provide you with testing site options [including at The Center] and instructions on the day of Baseline. Any patients testing COVID 19 positive during an IVF cycle will be managed on a case per case basis.
We will get through this together
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things including the way we practice fertility medicine, but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to helping our patients build families. We have been thinking about you during this difficult time and eagerly look forward to safely making your family building dreams come true. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Paul Verrastro, CARS CEO at 860.321.7082, EXT 8005.