Update May 3, 2021
Effective Wednesday, May 19 the governor is lifting all COVID 19 business restrictions in CT. Since late March there has been no travel ban.
In recognition of this, and in an abundance of caution, attached find our revised COVID 19 Mitigation and Travel Policy. Please take the time to read it. Below are highlights. These changes will be effective as of Monday, May 24, 2021.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
The following COVID mitigation practices will continue until further notice:
Virtual waiting room program [patients wait in cars and are texted in}
- Virtual New Patient visits.
- SA produced at home [unless > hour away]
- Front door screening and temps
- Scheduled appointments only. No walk-in scans or bloods
- Virtual follow up visits.
- No children
- Continue weekly testing for unvaccinated staff.
However, the following restrictions will be LIFTED:
- Prohibition on partners. Allow partners [or another family member] in for all live visits. However, PACU is still off limits to partners per anesthesia. No children under any circumstances.
- Start allowing satellite patients in IF patient was a past patient of CARS.
All of the guidelines outlined in this document are subject to change based upon new local, state and federal recommendations.
COVID-19 vaccination program
- CARS employees are strongly encouraged to obtain the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine. At this time, it is not a requirement. However, those employees who have not received the vaccine may be asked to undergo serial COVID-19 testing at the cost of CARS.
Addendum to CARS COVID-19 Management and Mitigation:
Travel to States listed on CT Travel Advisory List
Mandatory travel restrictions have been lifted in the state of CT, as of March 19, 2021. However, travel advisories remain in effect from both the state and the CDC. With that in mind, while CARS has modified its travel policy for both staff and patients, restrictions will remain in place in order to maintain the safety of the practice.
For all employees and patients:
Any domestic or international travel will require COVID-19 testing within 3 days of return and prior to entry into CARS.
This policy does not apply to travel to any state that borders CT including MA, NY and RI. No testing is required after travel to these states.
This policy applies to all employees and patients regardless of vaccination status.